Monday 19 October 2009

The Painful Truth

Day count - 16.

Lee's wedding reception went with a bang......and so did my hip!!
It was the Champers that did it. Or maybe the Sangria!
I mean, who buys Sangria to celebrate fatherhood?
Not me for one, but I'll drink it if its free!

Anyway, we had decided beforehand to see what happened (in real terms, to see if Joanne would guess) and not mention the news unless prompted.

The 1st thing Jo said was "Are you pregnant? to which Karen managed a convincing "No".
This would have been the end of the matter but after 3 or 4 pints of truth serum (in quick succession), I was unable to hold my water, as it were.
My attempt to quietly advise Karen that we should say something was picked up by Jo and that was that!
I have to admit, I did feel a bit emotional saying it out loud (obviously the alcohol) to a larger audience. Great feeling though.
Joe came back from the bar with a surprise bottle of champers and he, Fliss, Jo, Mick, Gav, Karen and I celebrated our news in style. Much celebratory gin was also consumed, along with other drinks (another bottle of Moet if I remember correctly) which leads us back to the start of this post.
God knows what I did, or when, or with whom, or with what?
Injuries like this are explained away if I'm out without Karen, but in her sober company?
Am I really ready to look after another human being?

No comments:

Post a Comment