Wednesday 25 November 2009

Heartbeat

Day count - 53.

Today has got to be, without doubt, the greatest day of my life.

Our 1st appointment at Jessops was 08:30 this morning.

To be fair, I hate hospitals but I was certainly prepared to endure one today.
Even when I had to sit next to a woman who had taken a cup from the water fountain, disappeared with it, and returned with it brimming with warm urine.

Now I know they have bottles for that kind of thing, as I had a full one placed next to my morning cuppa only hours before!

Anyway, I digress.

After much moaning (again) about queueing, late appointments and the general state of the country, we were ushered into a scanning room.

The sonographer (I had done done my homework!!) was a lovely woman who got straight to task. No messing. Good.

A bit of gel and rummaging about and "BANG"....there it was!
I can honestly say I have never felt a feeling like it.
The tiniest of heartbeats, there for all to see (well, only me and the sonographer at this stage)

Happiness, relief, pride, joy and hope.
I cried.



So there he/she is.
Little Burt or Edie.

I couldn't physically be any happier!!

1 comment:

  1. to little Burt or Edie
    or Burtha or editha ;-)

    If you ever get the chance to read this when you grow up , let an impartial stranger to you say that your daddy is completly off his trolly , funny , mad , and also a caring guy ..your gonna love him , or hate it when he takes off your bedroom door when the November 5th fire starts to die down ...but be prepared , he´s a big softy ,your gonna have a ball !

    Stranger from Sweden :-)

    ReplyDelete